Searching for instructions on how to reset Oculus Quest 2? If you are a gamer who enjoys playing virtual reality games, you must have Oculus Quest 2 in your collection.
Although it’s a solid device, it may sometimes malfunction, as is common with VR headsets. When that happens, the first solution to try is a factory reset. That will take it back to the state it was when you bought it.
You can reset Oculus Quest 2 from the headset or use the Oculus app. It’s possible to access the Oculus app from any device connected to your Oculus headset. If you cannot reboot the Oculus headset from the app, use its buttons to reset it. Make sure your headset is fully charged and back up any information before resetting it.
Advantages of Resetting an Oculus Quest 2 Device
Learning how to reset Oculus Quest 2 will come in handy when you need to fix software glitches on the device. Sometimes you’ll notice a lag when playing a game, and resetting the Oculus will help.
You can also reset your Oculus device to wipe all your data off it before gifting or selling it to someone. It will wipe off all your information and games allowing the new user to use it like it was brand new.
Don’t worry about losing your purchased games after resetting your Oculus device. You can add them back to a new Oculus device from your Oculus account anytime. However, it’s essential to create a backup of the information on your headset as a safety measure.
If you’ve decided to reset your Oculus Quest 2, start by using the app option. Here’s how.
How to Reset Oculus Quest 2 From the App
1. Open the Oculus app on the Android or iPhone device it’s paired with and log in.
2. Click on the settings menu button and tap on “devices.”
3. Select the headset you want to reset.
4. Click on “advanced settings” on the resulting drop-down menu.
5. Select “Factory reset” from the following menu and click “Reset.”
6. Your Oculus Quest 2 headset will go back to factory settings in minutes.
7. Set everything up again with the help of the app and continue using it afresh.
If you cannot access the Oculus app, you can reset it using the headset buttons. Here’s how.
How to Reset Oculus Quest 2 From the Headset
1. Make sure your Oculus Quest 2 device is charged.
2 Start the reset process by turning the Oculus headset off.
3. Push the power and volume down buttons at the same time until a boot-up screen pops up.
4. Navigate up and down using the volume buttons to select options on the boot-up screen. Push the power button if you want to select “ok” or “enter” on the screen.
5. Choose the “Factory reset” option from the boot screen. Then push in the power button to confirm your selection.
6. The reset process will complete in minutes. You can then set up your device again from the Oculus app and start using your device from scratch.
That’s how to reset Oculus Quest 2. Use these instructions the next time you want to reset your Oculus device.
Remember to sync your device with your online account and transfer your data to it before resetting the headset.
It’s also possible to back your data up on your PC by transferring all your data to it. That way, you won’t lose all the information on your Oculus Quest 2 device after resetting it.