As a VR enthusiast, you might not spend a ton of time thinking about how to change Oculus Quest 2 controller batteries. But perhaps you use your Oculus Quest 2 for VR gaming or other applications that demand a lot of controller input.
In that case, it’s something you’ll need to do from time to time. So, if you’ve just got your hands on the Oculus Quest 2, you’ll need to know how to change the Oculus Quest 2 Controller Batteries.
Turn off your VR and open the battery compartment located at the backside. Use a small Phillips head screwdriver, and detach the two screws clasping the battery cover. Insert your new batteries, ensuring that the positive and negative ends are oriented correctly. The CR2032 is the type you’ll need. Then replace the compartment cover and screw it in place. Power on your Quest 2 and enjoy.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps involved so you can get back to using your Quest 2 as soon as possible.
Why Change Oculus Quest 2 Controller Batteries?
The Oculus Quest 2 controllers use AA batteries, which will eventually need to be replaced. Depending on how often you use your Quest 2, you may need to change the batteries every few months.
Suppose you notice that your controllers are starting to feel unresponsive. This gives you a clear idea that your VR’s battery level is not on par and requires attention.
What You Should Know About Changing Oculus Quest 2 Controller Batteries
Here’s what you need to do to change your batteries in your Oculus Quest 2 controllers:
- Make sure that you use AA batteries. The Oculus Quest 2 controllers will not work with AAA batteries.
- Be careful to position the batteries correctly when inserting them into the controller.
- If your Quest 2 controllers are still not working after changing the batteries, try restarting the headset. Or attempt re-pairing the controllers with the Quest 2.
- Keep spare AA batteries on hand, giving you added flexibility.
- If you notice that your controller batteries are draining quickly, it may be a software issue. Try updating the Oculus firmware or resetting your controllers.
How to Change Oculus Quest 2 Controller Batteries
Here is one of the best ways to quickly change your Oculus quest 2 controller batteries:
- Start by turning off your Quest 2 and removing the battery cover from the controller.
- A small screwdriver would come in handy in securely putting off the battery compartment cover.
- Gently pull out the old batteries and dispose of them properly.
- Insert new AA batteries into the controller, carefully inserting them correctly according to the markings inside the battery compartment.
- Put back the battery cover and screw it back into place.
- Turn on your Quest 2 to see if they’re functioning perfectly.
If you’re having trouble with your controllers, ensure that the batteries are inserted correctly and clean the battery contacts.
With these tips in mind, changing the batteries in your Oculus Quest 2 controllers should be a quick and easy process. So, if you notice that your controllers are starting to feel sluggish, don’t hesitate to change the batteries and get back to enjoying your VR experience.