Do you need to figure out how to charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers? If you’re like most people, you probably can’t wait to get your hands on the new Oculus Quest 2. But before you can start enjoying all the immersive VR experiences it offers, you’ll need to charge up the controllers.
Start by turning off your Oculus Quest 2. Next, locate the charging port on the left controller. It’s the small circular port located just below the trigger button. Insert the micro-USB cable into the charging port. Lastly, connect the other end of the cable to a power source (such as a USB wall charger or computer).
It may consume up to 2 hours to charge fully. So, make sure to charge them up before your next VR session!
Why Charge Oculus Quest 2 Controllers?
- The controllers are an essential part of the Oculus Quest 2 experience.
- They allow you to interact with your virtual environment naturally and intuitively. Without them, you wouldn’t be able to pick up objects, open doors, or use the many other features that make VR so immersive.
- With that said, the controllers also have built-in sensors that track your hand movements.
- This allows you to gesture naturally, eliminating the purpose of external sensors and cameras.
What You Should Know About Charging Oculus Quest 2 Controllers
While the Oculus Quest 2 controllers can be charged via a USB port, it’s important to note that they will not charge while in use.
So, if you’re in the middle of a VR session and your controllers start running low on battery, you’ll need to take a break and plug them in.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that the controllers do not come with their own dedicated charging dock.
As such, you’ll need to use the included micro-USB cable to charge them.
Finally, keep in mind that the controllers will only work with the Oculus Quest 2. They don’t support the original Oculus Quest or any other VR headset.
How to Charge Oculus Quest 2 Controllers?
The Oculus Quest 2 is a powerful VR headset, but it’s nothing without its controllers.
- There are two ways to charge the Oculus Quest 2 controllers: Via the USB-C port on the controller or by placing the controllers on the charging dock that comes with the headset.
- If you’re using the USB-C port to charge, simply connect the controller to a power source using the included USB-C cable. The controller will begin charging immediately.
- To charge the controllers using the dock, first ensure that the dock is connected to a power source.
- Then, place the controllers on the dock to rest in the cradles. The controllers will begin charging automatically.
It’s important to note that the Oculus Quest 2 controllers cannot be used while charging. So, if you’re in the middle of a VR session and your controllers run out of juice, you’ll need to take a break and charge them up before continuing playing.